A clean treat for a clean conscience. Prep this creamy, healthy treat as a midday snack or to satisfy your post-dinner or late-night sweet tooth.
Frozen bananas are the base for the “Nice Cream”, while chia pudding is a classic two-ingredient nutrient powerhouse. This recipe combines the both for a delicious, low sugar, nourishing delight.
- 1.5 TBSP Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup (minus/remove one Tablespoon) Milk of choice (we prefer almond)
- Sweetener to taste (we prefer honey)
- 4 Cups frozen banana slices (~2 large bananas)
- 2-4 TBSP Milk of choice (any milk works!)
- 1 TBSP Honey (or skip for less sweetness)
- Crushed raspberries, strawberries or blueberries
Slice and freeze 4 cups of banana slices (~2 large bananas).
Chia pudding prep
- Stir together the chia seeds and milk in a small glass or bowl.
- Allow to rest for five minutes, then stir again to make the mixture smooth.
- Cover, place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or overnight to set.
- If pudding is not thick, add 1 tsp - 1 TBSP more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another 30 min.
In the morning, or when you’re ready to enjoy the complete treat, prepare and add the Nice Cream and toppings.
- Add frozen banana slices and milk to a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, high speed, scraping sides to combine.
- If the mixture appears dry, add more milk by the Tablespoon.
- Blend until mixture resembles a thick smoothie or soft-serve.
Scoop and spread Nice Cream onto top of prepared Chia Pudding, then top with fresh fruit. Another option is to prepare the Nice Cream in a bigger batch and freeze for 1-2 hours, then scoop onto your chia pudding, along with fruit, when the time is right.